As part of our goal to strengthen the nonprofit sector’s impact on the overall quality of life in our community, the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation offers a series of capacity building programs for local nonprofits.
These programs address core elements of capacity building such as an organization’s
- Mission, vision and goals
- Human resources
- Systems and infrastructure
- Governance and structure
Our Impact Excellence Program provides multiple opportunities for capacity building to non-profits serving Oak Park-River Forest including:
- Quarterly Half-day Seminars
- Senior Executive Roundtables
- Special events aimed at providing additional resources to non-profits
- Targeted technical assistance to address non-profit capacity building needs
Join Us For a Board Boot Camp!
Click Here and Register Today!
Board Composition and Recruitment – Accelerating Board Diversity for Greater Impact
Download more information…
November 2 | 8:45 am - 12:30 pm
at Age Options, 1048 Lake Street, Oak Park, IL 60301
November 8 | 8:45 am - 12:30 pm
at Triton College, 2000 N. Fifth Avenue, River Grove, IL 60171 (east side of campus)
Audience: Board Chairs plus 2 experienced Board members; maximum 3 persons per organization
- Learn the Nine Steps to Strengthening Your Board – an onboarding cycle of the Board - from cultivating and recruiting new members to engaging leaders who leave a legacy
- Gain new insights on the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of Diversity in board composition
Assess the board structure and onboarding/recruiting process that impacts diversity, equity and inclusion
- Generate concrete onboarding actions and a diversity goal statement
Registration required. $25 per person.
Half Day Seminars
Extended workshops provided to local nonprofit organizations based on needs identified by nonprofits themselves as well as Foundation staff. Seminars are open to staff and Board members.
2019 Half-Day Sessions: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- October 8
How to Develop a Fundraising Strategy
Free for all nonprofits in Oak Park, River Forest and surrounding communities; registration requested.
- November 2 & 8
BOARD BOOT CAMPS: Board Composition and Recruitment – Accelerating Board Diversity for Greater Impact
Senior Executives Roundtable
Informal opportunities for Executive Directors, CEOs and Presidents to meet with peers to network, share best practices as well as participate in facilitated discussions on selected non-profit topics.
2019 Senior Executives Roundtable:
12:00 to 1:30 Luncheons
- December 11
Volunteer Meet & Match
Thanks to everyone who made the 2018 Volunteer Meet & Match a success!