As part of our goal to strengthen the nonprofit sector’s impact on the overall quality of life in our community, the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation offers a series of capacity building programs for local nonprofits.
These programs address core elements of capacity building such as an organization’s
- Mission, vision and goals
- Human resources
- Systems and infrastructure
- Governance and structure
Our Impact Excellence Program provides multiple opportunities for capacity building to non-profits serving Oak Park-River Forest including:
- Quarterly Half-day Seminars
- Senior Executive Roundtables
- Special events aimed at providing additional resources to non-profits
- Targeted technical assistance to address non-profit capacity building needs
2020 Half-Day Sessions
9:00 - 11:30 am; open to staff and Board members
- February 25: Equity and Inclusion – Moving the Needle on Systems Change
- June 9: Fundraising for small nonprofits
2020 Senior Executives Roundtable
12 noon - 1:30 pm; for Executive Directors, CEO’s and Presidents
- March 24: Leading through Change and Disruption
- August 25: Strategic Partnerships
- December 8: Senior Executives Holiday Breakfast
2020 Board Boot Camp: November 6 & 13
2020 Volunteer Meet & Match
Focused on Board recruitment for nonprofits; scheduled for Fall; date to be confirmed at a later date.
Half Day Seminars
Extended workshops provided to local nonprofit organizations based on needs identified by nonprofits themselves as well as Foundation staff. Seminars are open to staff and Board members.
Half-Day Sessions: 9:00 am to 11:30 am
Senior Executives Roundtable
Informal opportunities for Executive Directors, CEOs and Presidents to meet with peers to network, share best practices as well as participate in facilitated discussions on selected non-profit topics.
Senior Executives Roundtable: 12:00 noon to 1:30 pm
Volunteer Meet & Match
Thanks to everyone who made the 2018 Volunteer Meet & Match a success!
The HUB is a closed-loop referral database that helps connect community members to the behavioral health and other social services that they need. Learn more and search for services by zip code at